Plan to attend this 1000+ antique car show the 4th Saturday of each month April thru October in downtown Somerset, Ky. The downtown square is just 4-miles from your cabin at Lost Lodge. This is a great family event that not only draws lots of cool cars, but there are thousands of folks out and about enjoying the show. Somerset is also the destination city for the Hot Rod Power Tour for June 2009.
More information courtesy of the Somernites website:
Somernites Cruise is a car event by car people, for car people! Each month's activities include:
- Thursday 7pm-?: Tune up Cruise-in at Dairy Queen on US 27 (stoplight #6)
- Friday Noon-2PM: Early Bird Meet & Greet/Q97 Live Remote from Visitors Center!
- Friday Night 6pm-10pm: Blockparty sponsored by Walmart in downtown Somerset
- Saturday 8-10am: Saturday Morning Fun Run with a scenic ride to a different place evey month. Breakfast is provided by Hardee's.
- Show & Shine: Somernites Cruise gates open at 1pm and is time to show off your ride.
- Cruise Highlight: Every month will have a special area for certain show cars.
- Kids Kruze Zone: Kids want to have fun too. You will find the Kids Kruze Zone just north of Town Square in front of Citizens National Bank. Sponsored by Victory Christian Fellowship.
- April 26-27
- May 24-25
- June 21-22
- July 26-27
- Aug 23-24
- Sept 27-28
- Oct 25-26