Money Saving Vacation Tips
- Did we mention we offer specials? Be sure to sign up!
- Plan your meals and use the kitchen in your cabin. You can shop for everything within 3 miles of the Lodge.
- Pull your boat out of the water and fuel off the Lake, gas is generally 50 to 75 cents cheaper per gallon.
- Pick a beautiful cove for the afternoon to swim and relax and save gas money.
- Explore the shoreline to look for fossils and geodes, it’s free!
- Visit the Mill Springs National Historic Battlefield and take the free driving tour.
- Conley Bottom Marina offers a pontoon rental for 4 for $100 per day which includes a grill on board for lunch or dinner.
- Hiking at Cumberland Falls and Big South Fork Recreation Area is free.
- Horseback riding, canoe trips, or BSFSRY train rides are affordable family fun.
- Plan a “free” day to swim and fish off the dock at Lost Lodge. If you don’t bring or rent a boat, renting or bringing rafts and floats for use off the dock in the Lake is cheap fun!
- 27 Twin Drive-In offers carload pricing, so PACK the car! Most places do not even have drive-ins today. Take advantage of your opportunity.
Ask us at the office for available coupons. We sometimes have discounts for the water park, (Somersplash), meals, the train ride or specials being offered by the Marinas on rentals. Plan your vacation in April, May, September or October and receive additional discounts.